top of page

Expert Insulation Services in Medicine Hat

Patterson Bros Drywall (1991) Ltd. installs spray foam in Southeast Alberta and Southwest Saskatchewan. Spray polyurethane foam outperforms traditional insulation types – it meets all consumer needs, replacing the need for multiple products. It won’t degrade, cause corrosion or rusting of metal buildings, shrink, or settle. It reduces sound transfer and prevents air infiltration completely, protecting your building from wind, pollutants and outdoor noise. It is also environmentally friendly. Closed-cell spray foam has a higher R-value than any other type of insulation. Closed-cell spray foam is applied as a liquid and expands as foam. It creates a continuous, air-tight seal by filling every nook, cranny, and crevice, regardless of complex framing.

Protect your property by getting professional insulation services in Medicine Hat.


The R-value Myth

R-Value is a measure of resistance to heat flow, but it only measures resistance to conduction (heat transfer through solid molecules). Only 20% of a building’s heat loss can be attributed to conduction, and the other 80% is due to convection (heat transfer by air molecules moving from hot to cold areas). Conventional fiber insulations resist conduction heat loss, but the only way they can slow down convection currents is by trapping dormant air molecules. Otherwise, air can pass through the insulation, decreasing the insulation value and leading to damaging moisture problems. Alternately, spray foam insulation blocks air from passing through completely, stopping heat loss convection. 1/4” of foam will stop 99% of heat loss by convection, and 3” of foam will stop 95% of heat loss by conduction.

Healthy Living

Spray foam insulation is a chemically-dead product once cured, and it’s free of all HFAs, HCFAs, HFCs and formaldehyde. This sets it apart from other traditional insulation types. It is also one of the most effective ways to prevent mold in your home, giving you peace of mind knowing your home is healthy and sustainable. Other eco-friendly benefits of spray foam include:

  • Emits no CO2 of its own 
  • Reduces heating and cooling related emissions by about 50% for new construction (and even more in certain retrofit situations) 
  • Will last for the life of the building
  • Has no ozone-depleting ingredients and no emissions of any kind 
  • Gives you the option of downsizing your heating and cooling equipment 
  • Gives you more floor space as it requires smaller stud sizes
  • Makes walls up to 3 times stronger
  • Extends the life of heating and cooling equipment 
  • Eliminates the need for house wrap

Insulation service for your Medicine Hat property has a huge advantage to save costs and increased comfort. By maintaining a steady temperature, it eliminates the need for you to invest in other heating or cooling equipment.

Contact Us Today

If you want to secure your property and protect it from extreme heat and cold temperatures, get insulation services in Medicine

Hat from Patterson Bros Drywall (1991) Ltd. For more information about spray foam insulation, give us a call.


Patterson Bros Drywall (1991) Ltd. also offers steel stud framing and acoustic ceiling installation services.

Have Questions?

We can help. Give us a call today to get the information you need.

bottom of page